If you're into top hits and classic playlists, please move along. You're doing just fine.
It's been weeks now since SongPop released any (at least bleak) indie/alternative playlist. Not to metion some new genre or subgenre playlist. It seems that the game is drowning slowly but steadily in useless hyperproductivity of playlists. For example, at first there were 'Top hits' -year-. Then, 'Best albums' -year-, then 'Best of' -year-. Not to mention all of those decade top hits/best of/gold records/best albums/golden/platinum/#1 hits/jukebox/ultimate/essential/letter singles/letter artists/etc. decade playlist. SongPop set itself to pop out 7 new playlists every week and now, after years of releasing playlist developers are succumbed to cheap exploitation of the stuff that's already there. In other words- same crap, different packaging.
So, if SongPop developers think that 7 'new' playlists are a must-do, let's help them out. Spice up those boring old dishes, let's make something tasty, SAVE THE SONGPOP FROM BECOMING A BORING SAME-OLD SAME-OLD!
Here are few ideas that can fit into that 'recycling' thing, but with some more new songs, can become something cool.
- 80s alternative (like 80s alternative rock, but with more songs and artists. And try to omit new wave, there's plenty of it around. Early RHCP, Faith No More, Nine Inch Nails, The House of Love, The Ocean Blue, etc.)
- 90s indie (more indie stuff than what appeared in 90s critical acclaim. That was a great playlist!)
- 90s metal (still not quite sure how this isn't out yet. This one could be easy to make, but still there's that thing with legal issues with Tool songs and stuff)
- 90s deep cuts/ 90s rock deep cuts (like in the respective 80s playlists. Find songs that are not 'the best of' by appropriate artists and send them in)
- 90s alternative vol.2 (why the f not?! There's plenty unused songs for vol.2)
- Indie rock vol.2 (as above. But try to omit indietronica and electronic stuff, there's a playlist for each already. More rocky stuff)
- Post rock (search Wikipedia. This could be fun)
- Alternative metal, post grunge (similar to 2000s hard rock and nu metal. Add more songs and artists, you're on your way with a new subgenre playlist!)
- Lefthanded musicians (a themed mixtape. Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain of Nirvana, Paul McCartney/The Beatles, Muse drummer, Tony Iommi/Black Sabbath, Avenged Sevenfold guitarist, google this more)
Leave ideas in the comments below. Keep this up. Thank you and cheers to all!
Please sign in to leave a comment.